How to Make a Breastplate (Part 1: The Front)

I guess I will warn you at the beginning that you would not be able to move your arms as much with this model, but it would protect you better.

So, it seems to me that the breastplate is one of the most important parts of a set of cardboard armor. (I'll be honest with you; I've got two full sets, and I'm making a third one because I've outgrew the other two.) Well, let's ump right in!

The first thing you would need to do is to make sure you have enough cardboard. Breastplates need a lot of cardboard. Also a lot of hot glue. make sure you have enough! (A roughly estimated amount would be enough to build and glue a cubish box two and a half feet wide.)

This is very complicated to explain, and I have two models, so I will just show you the model I used to build a costume of the armor of Genghis Khan. (don't ask)

Take a sheet large enough to cover your chest(from just below the belt to your collarbone.) and cut it evenly in half. This will be the two sides of the front. then cut those two pieces in segments. I also recommend trimming the top and bottom to look triangular. Obviously, you will now be wondering "what in the world..." so I will show you a diagram. (The dotted lines represent the cutting into segments. Just don't do as much as in the diagram!)

So When you finished cutting, glue it back together again! Except this time, angle each one carefully so that you get a rounded piece instead of a flat one. Like this:


So now you should have the front of your breastplate! Congrats! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Build a Breastplate (easier)

How to Make a Durable Cardboard Sword